Saturday, November 1, 2008

Time to Make Your Mind Up, Swinging Voters!

Well, I have made my mind up....I did have some money in Hanover Finance, which, while it has not officially gone, has disappeared in a moratorium on repayments. This has been a major part of swinging my vote: The purpose of a government (at least from a constituent's point of view), is to LOOK AFTER it's citizens. They have not done.

As far as preventing finance companies from falling over, the present Labour government has done spectacularly badly in my view.

That said, I would imagine National would have done just as badly.

In the last few weeks, I have witnessed an apparent desire on the part of National NOT to be the government---well at least they should have locked one of their members in a chicken coop for the duration of the election!

It is all a bit deja vu, Helen promised 9 years ago to cut government spending, now John Key looks like coming in saying the same thing.

I've now taken up gardening-seems like a skill that may be in demand in the coming year.

No comments: