Saturday, September 14, 2013

Walking around Asolo

This is the view from the hotel window.
 
Rose was keen for a haircut at 11am , so I (silly me!) assumed I had half an hour to kill.  It turned out to be one and a half hours. I found the castle on the hill path and puffed my way up to Rocca. Spectacular but shut, even though it says it should be open.  Back down to the Piazza Garibaldi, and a very nice outdoor type of cafe to sit and wait. It were a while. A cheese sandwich for lunch.  

Puzzling thing about Asolo, it is almost like they want you to find your own way around, as our only map was given to us by accident, and it is in Italian.
Later that afternoon I took Rose up the mountain to Rocca, she found it a bit of a climb.  Some strange Italian woman persuaded us to go back to town a different way.  I say strange because she could not speak English! 
Today we sauntered down a country lane and back, which took most of the morning.  Lunch was an ice cream sundae and a cheese sandwich.  Our diet needs overhauling.

No comments: