Saturday, April 13, 2024

The Stupidity of Modern Life

 This is just a short rant.  Obviously I could rave on for hours on this.

1. Just logged into my bank and thought, Ok, I will just put some money into my credit card account to make it into positive territory.  No, is says, you cannot do this, because it is not a business day. Huh????

You can pay bills, but not transfer money to your credit card?

Suffering from jet lag, I looked again and realized that the balance was fine and I did not need to transfer anyway....

Maybe not with your bank, but with mine you cannot not set up an automatic payment for your credit card, so each month you had to remember to pay it off.  Great!  OK, you cunning bastards, I will put some money in there so it will always be in credit. Works ok most of the time.

My opinion of the bank has now slipped to new a new low.

2. I have just flown on an unnamed airline, in one step up from cattle class.  I put in a fairly low bid and this was accepted. The staff were wonderful and the service very good.  Wonderful food, you can see the excess kilograms from here.  Unfortunately some BOZO was in charge of the seat design.  The footrest was designed so a child might be happy with it, but they need to go back and revisit the design to suit adults trapped in there for 9 hours!


That's enough whining!



No comments: