Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bus Tour

Sunday and Monday.  Rose and I are the last on the bus and off we go to Stonehenge.  As always, it is different in reality.  I thought it might have been a bit bigger, but this is probably because they do not let you too close to it, which was disappointing.  Hordes of us looking at it, so understandable.

Then to Bath, a beautiful little town.  The baths were nice, but not mind blowing. Then down to Plymouth,  a city at the bottom left hand corner of England.  Leaving our bags there we went to Penzance, which has a small island offshore called St Michaels Mount.

Lastly,  to St Ives, which is a picture postcard sort of place. We can now say a proper Cornish pastie is almost as good as a Birkenhead potato top pie.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First sign of missing home, genuine Cornish Pasties, WOW! By the way, Bill, you have been noted in the Wilmar GCC newsletter as having "stepped" up your game by 50%:)! Well done to you both. But especially Rosie for keeping you focussed and moving. Lots of love to you Rosie from all of Bill's team back here at Chelsea Gardens.

Unknown said...

I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.
attraction